We promote knowledge and appreciation of azaleas.
Rhododendron 'Snowbird', a deciduous hybrid evergreen azalea.
There are pictures of thousands of other azaleas, both evergreen and deciduous, at the Azalea Society picture website. To see pictures of azaleas by name use its search box or browse the alphabetic galleries.
The Azalea Society offers membership to any one with an interest in azaleas, from home gardeners, collectors and students to plant professionals. Local chapters have social activities, garden tours, meetings and plant sales of unusual varieties. National conventions have garden tours, talks by well-known azalea authorities, plant sales, and the opportunities to make and renew friendships. The Azalean, our quarterly journal, has timely informative articles about azalea culture, hybridizing, propagation, garden design, new introductions and chapter activities.
This Azalea Society website is the source of information about azaleas. Find what you are interested in by clicking these links:
About the Azalea Society
- About Us - the society goals, organization, officers, chapter contacts
- Join Us - fill in the blanks to become a member of the Azalea Society
- Conventions - learn about our annual meetings - great fun!
- Research - how to help our Azalea Research Foundation and how to apply for a research grant
- Azaleas - azalea types and colors, how to grow them and use them,
- FAQs - answers to many Frequently Asked Questions about azaleas
- Pictures - see the accepted spelling of azalea names, with links to pictures of many of them
- Ask Us - send an e-mail to the azaleas discussion forum, to ask the "experts"
- Archives - read past emails sent to the azaleas discussion forum
- Sources - descriptions and contact information about azalea nurseries
- Seed - our azalea seed exchange, to raise azaleas from seed
About other azalea things
- Links - follow links to other azalea-related sites
- Gardens - read about member gardens near you (in progress...)
- The Azalean - how to buy back issues of our journal, and how to advertise in it
- Azalea City - how a municipality can be certified as an Azalea City
About this website
- Site Map - quickly find the right page from this annotated list of pages
- What's New - see current and past website developments
About the Search
- type the text to find (on our website only) into the text box
- click Go, to do the search and go to the first page of results
- click a link on the results page to go to that linked page
- to find the text there, choose Find from the Edit menu and type the text to find
- to find the next instance on that page, choose Find Again from the Edit menu
- click your browser Back button to return to the search results and/or our website
Our website is a work in progress. Most unfinished links and text end in . . .
We also invite you to subscribe to our free email forum to discuss azaleas, whether you are a member of the Azalea Society or not. To subscribe, and be able to participate in the email discussions, send an email (any subject, any text) to email@example.com. It will email directions to you.